CHS Career Center
Welcome to the CHS Career Center, where we provide a student-centered environment that offers multiple opportunities for students to apply essential skills and knowledge.
The purpose of the career center is to guide students through the steps of developing a career plan. This is a three-step process:
- Students identify personal interests, values, motivations, and abilities and analyze the results in relationship to possible careers.
- Students research education requirements, employment availability, income possibilities, advancement potential, and other relevant career information.
- Students develop personal, educational, and career goals based on self-analysis and research.
We help students accomplish each step using a Career Action Plan.
How Parents Can Help
Parents can play an important role as their children go through the process of planning a career. CHS students use a tool called Kuder Navigator as a part of their career planning journey, and parents can create their own account to track their child’s progress. Parents, follow these guidelines to get more involved in your child’s career planning:
- Create your free Kuder Navigator account.
- Encourage your child to show you his/her assessment reports, and review the results together.
- Talk about your own career, past jobs, and future goals.
- Discuss the strengths your child sees in his or her own work.
- Encourage your child to get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Contact Mr. Shotts in the career center for help.